Hi readers, I decided to have a short “create your own martial soul” contest in during my one-week hiatus from translating Legend of the Dragon King. This is a trial run for the contest and if things go well, I may run it once every month or two with a new theme and modified rules. This contest will last for ten days, from March 15th to March 25th. There will be two cash prizes of $20 this time. One will be awarded to whoever wins the vote at the after the voting period, while the other will be picked however I see fit.
This month’s theme is fire. The rules, guidelines, and templates are below.
Here are the rules and guidelines of the contest:
- Each person is only allowed one entry
- Entries must contain all the required information listed below
- Entries must be original and not plagiarized
- Submit entries in the “March Martial Soul” subforum found here.
- Entries will be judged on how interesting they are, not how powerful or broken they are.
- The winners of the contest will be paid via Paypal.
Create your own martial soul with the following template:
- At least five soul rings which will follow the optimal, non-broken configuration: YYPPBBBBR.
- Yellow, Yellow, Purple, Purple, Black, Black, Black, Black, Red.
- Up to three soul rings can be taken from the novels.
- Optional: Origin
- Optional: Artwork
- Optional: Spirit souls
Martial Soul: Bluesilver Grass
System: Control System
Description: Bluesilver Grass is a grass found throughout the continent. It is a tool soul and is considered a trash soul by most people.
Soul Rings (soul rings 4 and 5 are completely made up):
- Bind: Traps the target with Bluesilver Grass.
- Parasite: Sends seeds into the targets body and causes paralysis.
- Spider Web Restraint: Throws Bluesilver Grass with the style and function of spider webs at the target. It is extremely durable and possesses both a poisonous and corrosive effect.
- Bluegolden Whip: An extremely durable whip with metallic properties.
- Crimsonsilver Overgrowth: Grass grows everywhere, finishing with a flaming explosion.
Strengths: Bluesilver Grass grows everywhere, so the user is attuned to their surroundings better. It is also highly compatible with all types of soul rings and is easily influenced to mutate.
Weakness: It is exceedingly weak and most users of Bluesilver Grass have extremely low soul power levels. It is difficult to cultivate.
It is harder to find batches of Bluesilver Grass within urbanized areas.