☯ ISSTH Chapter 482 ☯

So guess what. My passport was “damaged” by water, and therefore, the local “bureau of whatever” will not give me a new residence permit. I now have to go to the American embassy in Beijing to get a new passport, otherwise, I will be kicked out of China. After work today I will be heading to Beijing. Therefore, I’m not sure when the next chapter will come. Last time, the wifi in the hotel was a nightmare, so it will depend on that. Either way, I will post updates on twitter! For now, enjoy:

Chapter 482
Translator: Deathblade
Contributors: Madam Deathblade, anonpuffs
Proofreader: Lingson
Memes: MemeBoo, Deathblade
Meme Archives: joeljbright

This is the guaranteed chapter 2/7 of this week!

35 thoughts on “☯ ISSTH Chapter 482 ☯” - NO SPOILERS and NO CURSING

  1. Sounds like they’re trying to make it difficult for you (making up some BS reason) so you’ll be impatient and finally gave some bribery to pass the test to me. How about showing how “damaged” your passport here?

    1. Haha. I think in this case they are just being sticklers for the rules. The “damage” is on old back pages and caused some previous visas to get blurry.

      1. Yeah that definitely sounds like they’re just trying to make things problematic for you, rather than for any real reason. :/ Probably just because you aren’t a national.

        Good luck and godspeed in getting things rectified asap.

      2. Well, perhaps just bias in my part, since the solution in my country will be just to pay the official involved to smooth things (yeah, they’re pretty corrupted), but “minor damage” makes things difficult does sounds suspicious to me.

        1. In this case it doesn’t work like that. My visa/permit is actually handled through my company, who has pretty powerful guanxi or “connections” with the local government. In this case, it’s really just bad luck for me 🙁

    1. It doesn’t work that way in China. Being married would allow me to get a “family visa,” but right now it doesn’t matter what visa I apply for, the passport is damaged so they wouldn’t give it to me. Foreigners are only allowed to be in China if they have a visa or resident permit.

  2. Woah. I hope these things can get easily fixed there. Running around fixing documents is a very time-consuming thing in my country. And most of it is spent waiting in line, while actually transacting with civil servants is probably just around 5-10% of it.

  3. When I want to renew my passport at embassy, I have to go to embassy, submit, wait 1 month, go to embassy again and then pick it up. Hope yours will be speedy!

    Also, I never believe on hotel wifi, therefore I always bring my router together and plug to hotel LAN

Leave a Reply