The winner of the user votes prize is Dracius’ Eternal Star and the winner of my choice pick is DaoMaster’s Godly Flaming Meatballs!
Dracius’ Eternal Star won the user vote for good reason, but DaoMaster’s Godly Flaming Meatballs were truly an overlooked gem. I think many of you will enjoy the Godly Flaming Meatballs as much as I did.
With this being the first run of such a contest, things have been hectic and there are definitely improvements to be made in the system, so if the next contest won’t be for several months. In the meantime, you can all read Legend of the Dragon King to prepare for the next contest!
Now without further ado, here are the winning entries!
Power Attack/Control System
Description/Origin: In the vast universe, there lies this one star which existed since the creation of the universe. As the universe expanded and more stars were created, this one star kept growing, eventually obtaining eternal life, and infinitely strong. The Eternal Star, is everlasting, never to die, it grew strong enough, that it gained sentience, and can grant other stars with a percentage of its eternal life. It is the hottest thing within the vast universe, with nothing hotter, not even the golden crow, as the Eternal Star’s strength and heat is constantly growing, and has existed since the creation the universe. Only one person in every generation can have the spirit of the Eternal Star, and due to the spirit’s immense strength and heat, a person can defeat anyone at least 10 levels above them, even a spirit scholar can do the same. However not one of them ever cultivated past spirit king level, due to the difficulty in the spirit’s cultivation
Strengths: There is nothing in the universe hotter than the Eternal Star, a slight spark, could easily burn one into ashes instantly. When the spirit is cultivated to the limit, anyone who even thinks of your spirit, and is not strong enough would be burned to nothing. Even when not at the limit, the flames of the Eternal Star, could burn one into nothing, not even leaving ashes. As the Eternal Star, is essentially eternal, when cultivated to the limit, one might never die of age, no matter the cause. Also, just because the spirit is a star, doesn’t mean its strength varies depending on the time of day, its strength remains the same as is, whether it’s night, or day.
Weaknesses: Though the strength of the Eternal Star is essentially limitless, and its power doesn’t change depending on the time of day. The cultivation of the spirit however, requires one to cultivate in an area with lots of stars overhead, to gather and store the power of the stars. The more stars there are the faster one cultivates, especially if beneath a constellation. However if there are any stars visible, it is essentially impossible to train in the spirit. The biggest weakness however, is that the spirit is too strong, even the slightest mishap, may cause the spirit to just burn the user into nothing, leaving not even ashes. The dangers of its cultivation is what made sure no person ever cultivated past the spirit king level, as they all died, leaving no remains whatsoever.
The only way to acquire soul rings would be to absorb and store a specific amount of star power, then release it when one’s level is right to create the best suited spirit ability. The amount of star power for each ring increases exponentially, and during the creation of the ring, if there is any disturbance, too little or too much star power, then the process can backfire, leading to the burning of the body to nothing.
- Ignition(Yellow): Ignites the star, turning it into a ball of pure flames, reaching 3000 Kelvin(nearly twice as hot as lava). As one’s strength increases so does the size and temperature of the flames.
- Starfire(Yellow): Allows the star to shoot out as a projectile, leaving a trail of flames burning, reaching 6000 Kelvin(hotter as Earth’s Sun).The star shoots out within a 10 meter radies of the user, and the trail of flames remain for a few minutes. As one’s strength increases so does the distance and temperature of the flames, as well as the duration of the trail of flames.
- Myriad Stars(Purple): Creates multiple stars around you. As one’s strength increases, it is possible to create an endless number of stars.
- Stars’ Brilliance(Purple): Absorbs all light within an area, of a 3 meter radius, with you as the center. Gathers all light within the area into the star, essentially creating a domain of darkness all around. With enough light absorbed into the star(s), it’s brightness increases exponentially, and so does its size and power. With enough light absorbed, the star(s) could essentially cause permanent blindness due to the light released by the star(s). The area in which you can absorb light from increases as one’s strength increases, when strong enough, even the sun’s light could be completely absorbed, throwing the world into eternal darkness.
- Starfall(Black): You release a number of stars above you, and then rapidly shoot them downward, creating a rain of stars. The impact caused by the stars, cause massive explosions, releasing endless amounts of starfire, each explosion if near each other could amplify the other’s effect, making it stronger. The starfire released could reach temperatures of 1 million Kelvin(about 0.001% the temperature of a supernova) the temperature alone could instantly turn one into ashes. The size of the explosions, and temperature, increase along with one’s strength.
- Stars Constellation Array(Red): Using a number of stars to create an array in the form of a constellation(Ex. Orion, Ursa Major, Pegasus, Adromeda, etc.). The array created, surrounds a specific area around the user, within a 10 meter radius, allowing no one to enter or leave the array. As there are many constellations, the number of different arrays that could be created is essentially endless, and their strengths varying on the size, and number of stars used. Also, as the array was made from your Eternal Star spriit, recklessly touching the array could instantly burn you to ashes. While within the array, all fire attributed abilities is increased by a percentage depending on the constellation, ranging from 10% – infiniity%. Also decreases the effectiveness, of all water, ice, plant, and metal abilities by a percentage depending on the constellation, ranging from 1% – absolute suppression. Each constellation increases different abilites, by a percentage varying depending on the constellation itself, increasing or decreasing, speed, defense, attack, soul defense, etc. of allis or enemies alk
- Eternal Star Avatar(Red): All stars turn into a miniature version of the Eternal Star, and the user is also granted thje abilites of the Eternal Star, becoming an embodiment of the Eternal Star, essentially allowing the person to become a star. In this state, all stars constantly absorb light and heat from the surroundings, increasing their effects, and the stars never die, meaning after each star is used, they essentially don’t disappear, they just stay there, or return back to their original location. This state also decreases the consumption of spirit power by about 25%, and increases all abilities by 100%, meaning the temperature of the starfire, the size of the stars, the size of the explosions, etc. But the person can only stay in this state for about 8 minutes, due to the physical body being unable to handle the massive power, any longer and the person could cease to exist, becoming an actual star him/herself. *If one can train their physical body to about or above the level of Tang San, they should be able to remain in the state longer than 8 minutes.
- Supernova(Red): Burns through the life star’s life force, expanding into a ball of pure starfire, temperatures reaching 100 billion Kelvin. When this ability is used on multiple stars at once, their temperatures compliment each other, thus raising the temperature even higher, possibly reaching 7.2 trillion Kelvin(the temperature of the collision between two gold particles).
- Black Hole(Red): Stars instantly burn through their lifespan, directly exploding, for a split second creating a miniature supernova. Then after that split second, a black hole is formed, but due to the black hole being formed due to the explosion of an eternal star. The black hold formed not only rips apart the space in its surroundings, it also devours all light, heat, energy, life force, spirit power, soul power, essentially everything. And then splitting the power and energy of everything devoured by the black hold to yourself, and all the other stars presently around you, when the ability was used. * This ability is a double edged sword, if one is not careful, you and your allies could also be devoured, and become nutrients for the stars. One must be able to perfectly control the devouring of the black hole, to not devour you or your allies.